The heart of Trogir is small island laying between the gentle hills on the mainland and the coast of the Island of Ciovo.
Trogir, which is also called “Town-Museum”, from the 1997th proudly, presents the world’s cultural heritage recognized by UNSECO’s.
The old town Trogir and the surrounding areas have many archaeological, religious and natural sights, attractions and beauty.
Here are just some of the sights:
- The world-famous cathedral with its famous portal on the main entrance door from the 13th century.
- Many churches, especially St. Barbara, the oldest preserved church.
- Art Collection, there are kept very valuable paintings and written heritage of Čiovo, Trogir and churches, as well as numerous works of prominent citizens of Trogir or passengers who visited the city.
- Collection “Karios” and Monastery of St. Nicholas where is kept Relief “Kairos” (god of a happy moment) from the 4th century.
- Palaces of distinguished citizens of Trogir (Ćipiko and Lucic), and Lodge, monument to Peter Berislavic.
- Fortress Kamerlengo from the 14 th century.
- First pharmacy in Europe is opened in the Trogir.
Variety of fine restaurants, bars, cocktail lounges and cafe’s are located in the middle of the city. Several shopping centers are also located very near to the center (across the old Town Bridge, on the Main Market).